Subject: CVE-2024-44944: netfilter: ctnetlink: use helper function to calculate expect ID

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: ctnetlink: use helper function to calculate expect ID

Delete expectation path is missing a call to the nf_expect_get_id()
helper function to calculate the expectation ID, otherwise LSB of the
expectation object address is leaked to userspace.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44944 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.19.44 with commit 7b115755fb9d and fixed in 4.19.320 with commit 66e7650dbbb8
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 3c79107631db and fixed in 5.4.282 with commit 64c0b8e64be8
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 3c79107631db and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit eb4ca1a97e08
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 3c79107631db and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 5e2c24f7b091
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 3c79107631db and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 24f407042cf9
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 3c79107631db and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 27662b46f2ad
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 3c79107631db and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 74de442b8e12
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 3c79107631db and fixed in 6.11 with commit 782161895eb4
	Issue introduced in 3.16.72 with commit 3d8b3d0384f7
	Issue introduced in 4.4.191 with commit 36bbd861a402
	Issue introduced in 4.9.190 with commit 1922476beeee
	Issue introduced in 4.14.120 with commit f862c13c3c92
	Issue introduced in 5.0.17 with commit b0a90cae081d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44944
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_netlink.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/66e7650dbbb8e236e781c670b167edc81e771450
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/64c0b8e64be8368617ef08dfc59a3160563a1435
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eb4ca1a97e08ff5b920664ba292e576257e2d184
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5e2c24f7b0911b15c29aefce760bcf770542fb61
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/24f407042cf90b0872de667460230d8d50c06c39
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/27662b46f2adaa52c1665a82af4b21c42c4337fd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74de442b8e12a207c07953ee068009a7701aff8f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/782161895eb4ac45cf7cfa8db375bd4766cb8299
	https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-24-1182/