Subject: CVE-2024-43907: drm/amdgpu/pm: Fix the null pointer dereference in apply_state_adjust_rules

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu/pm: Fix the null pointer dereference in apply_state_adjust_rules

Check the pointer value to fix potential null pointer
dereference

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43907 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.224 with commit c1749313f35b
	Fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 0c065e50445a
	Fixed in 6.1.105 with commit e04d18c29954
	Fixed in 6.6.46 with commit 3a01bf2ca9f8
	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit 13937a40aae4
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit d19fb10085a4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43907
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/powerplay/hwmgr/smu7_hwmgr.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/powerplay/hwmgr/smu8_hwmgr.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/powerplay/hwmgr/vega10_hwmgr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c1749313f35b98e2e655479f037db37f19756622
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0c065e50445aea2e0a1815f12e97ee49e02cbaac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e04d18c29954441aa1054af649f957ffad90a201
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3a01bf2ca9f860fdc88c358567b8fa3033efcf30
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/13937a40aae4efe64592ba48c057ac3c72f7fe82
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d19fb10085a49b77578314f69fff21562f7cd054