Subject: CVE-2024-43877: media: pci: ivtv: Add check for DMA map result

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: pci: ivtv: Add check for DMA map result

In case DMA fails, 'dma->SG_length' is 0. This value is later used to
access 'dma->SGarray[dma->SG_length - 1]', which will cause out of
bounds access.

Add check to return early on invalid value. Adjust warnings accordingly.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43877 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 1932dc2f4cf6 and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 24062aa74070
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 1932dc2f4cf6 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 3d8fd92939e2
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 1932dc2f4cf6 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit c766065e8272
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 1932dc2f4cf6 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 629913d6d795

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43877
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/pci/ivtv/ivtv-udma.c
	drivers/media/pci/ivtv/ivtv-yuv.c
	drivers/media/pci/ivtv/ivtvfb.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/24062aa7407091dee3e45a8e8037df437e848718
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3d8fd92939e21ff0d45100ab208f8124af79402a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c766065e8272085ea9c436414b7ddf1f12e7787b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/629913d6d79508b166c66e07e4857e20233d85a9