Subject: CVE-2024-43872: RDMA/hns: Fix soft lockup under heavy CEQE load

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/hns: Fix soft lockup under heavy CEQE load

CEQEs are handled in interrupt handler currently. This may cause the
CPU core staying in interrupt context too long and lead to soft lockup
under heavy load.

Handle CEQEs in BH workqueue and set an upper limit for the number of
CEQE handled by a single call of work handler.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43872 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit a5073d6054f7 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 06580b33c183
	Issue introduced in 4.16 with commit a5073d6054f7 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 2fdf34038369

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43872
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_device.h
	drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_hw_v2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06580b33c183c9f98e2a2ca96a86137179032c08
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2fdf34038369c0a27811e7b4680662a14ada1d6b