Subject: CVE-2024-43836: net: ethtool: pse-pd: Fix possible null-deref

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: ethtool: pse-pd: Fix possible null-deref

Fix a possible null dereference when a PSE supports both c33 and PoDL, but
only one of the netlink attributes is specified. The c33 or PoDL PSE
capabilities are already validated in the ethnl_set_pse_validate() call.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43836 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 4d18e3ddf427 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit e187690b125a
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 4d18e3ddf427 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 4cddb0f15ea9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43836
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ethtool/pse-pd.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e187690b125a297499eadeec53c32c5ed6d7436a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4cddb0f15ea9c62f81b4889ea69a99368cc63a86