Subject: CVE-2024-43826: nfs: pass explicit offset/count to trace events

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nfs: pass explicit offset/count to trace events

nfs_folio_length is unsafe to use without having the folio locked and a
check for a NULL ->f_mapping that protects against truncations and can
lead to kernel crashes.  E.g. when running xfstests generic/065 with
all nfs trace points enabled.

Follow the model of the XFS trace points and pass in an explіcit offset
and length.  This has the additional benefit that these values can
be more accurate as some of the users touch partial folio ranges.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43826 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit eb5654b3b89d and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 387e6e9d1102
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit eb5654b3b89d and fixed in 6.11 with commit fada32ed6dbc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43826
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/nfs/file.c
	fs/nfs/nfstrace.h
	fs/nfs/read.c
	fs/nfs/write.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/387e6e9d110250946df4d4ebef9c2def5c7a4722
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fada32ed6dbc748f447c8d050a961b75d946055a