Subject: CVE-2024-43822: ASoc: PCM6240: Return directly after a failed devm_kzalloc() in pcmdevice_i2c_probe()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoc: PCM6240: Return directly after a failed devm_kzalloc() in pcmdevice_i2c_probe()

The value “-ENOMEM” was assigned to the local variable “ret”
in one if branch after a devm_kzalloc() call failed at the beginning.
This error code will trigger then a pcmdevice_remove() call with a passed
null pointer so that an undesirable dereference will be performed.
Thus return the appropriate error code directly.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43822 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 1324eafd37aa and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit fa6f16eff732
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 1324eafd37aa and fixed in 6.11 with commit 3722873d49a1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43822
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/codecs/pcm6240.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa6f16eff7320c91e908309e31be34cbbe4b7e58
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3722873d49a1788d5420894d4f6f63e35f5c1f13