Subject: CVE-2024-43821: scsi: lpfc: Fix a possible null pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: lpfc: Fix a possible null pointer dereference

In function lpfc_xcvr_data_show, the memory allocation with kmalloc might
fail, thereby making rdp_context a null pointer. In the following context
and functions that use this pointer, there are dereferencing operations,
leading to null pointer dereference.

To fix this issue, a null pointer check should be added. If it is null,
use scnprintf to notify the user and return len.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43821 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 479b0917e447 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 57600a7dd2b5
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 479b0917e447 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 45b2a23e00d4
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 479b0917e447 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 5e0bf3e8aec2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43821
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_attr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/57600a7dd2b52c904f7c8d2cac0fd8c23868e680
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/45b2a23e00d448a9e6d1f371ca3a4d4b073fe78c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5e0bf3e8aec2cbc51123f84b29aaacbd91fc56fa