Subject: CVE-2024-43815: crypto: mxs-dcp - Ensure payload is zero when using key slot

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: mxs-dcp - Ensure payload is zero when using key slot

We could leak stack memory through the payload field when running
AES with a key from one of the hardware's key slots. Fix this by
ensuring the payload field is set to 0 in such cases.

This does not affect the common use case when the key is supplied
from main memory via the descriptor payload.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43815 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 3d16af0b4cfa and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit e1640fed0377
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 3d16af0b4cfa and fixed in 6.11 with commit dd52b5eeb0f7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43815
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/crypto/mxs-dcp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1640fed0377bf7276efb70d03cb821a6931063d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd52b5eeb0f70893f762da7254e923fd23fd1379