Subject: CVE-2024-42292: kobject_uevent: Fix OOB access within zap_modalias_env()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

kobject_uevent: Fix OOB access within zap_modalias_env()

zap_modalias_env() wrongly calculates size of memory block to move, so
will cause OOB memory access issue if variable MODALIAS is not the last
one within its @env parameter, fixed by correcting size to memmove.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42292 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 4.19.320 with commit 81a15d28f32a
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 5.4.282 with commit b59a5e86a393
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit 648d5490460d
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit c5ee8adc8d98
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 68d63ace80b7
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 57fe01d3d042
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit d4663536754d
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 9b3fa47d4a76 and fixed in 6.11 with commit dd6e9894b451

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42292
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	lib/kobject_uevent.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/81a15d28f32af01493ae8c5457e0d55314a4167d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b59a5e86a3934f1b6a5bd1368902dbc79bdecc90
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/648d5490460d38436640da0812bf7f6351c150d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c5ee8adc8d98a49703320d13878ba2b923b142f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/68d63ace80b76395e7935687ecdb86421adc2168
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/57fe01d3d04276875c7e3a6dc763517fc05b8762
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d4663536754defff75ff1eca0aaebc41da165a8d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd6e9894b451e7c85cceb8e9dc5432679a70e7dc