Subject: CVE-2024-42288: scsi: qla2xxx: Fix for possible memory corruption

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: qla2xxx: Fix for possible memory corruption

Init Control Block is dereferenced incorrectly.  Correctly dereference ICB

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42288 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.282 with commit dae67169cb35
	Fixed in 5.10.224 with commit 87db8d7b7520
	Fixed in 5.15.165 with commit b0302ffc7412
	Fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 2a15b59a2c5a
	Fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 571d7f2a0883
	Fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 8192c533e89d
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit c03d740152f7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42288
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_os.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dae67169cb35a37ecccf60cfcd6bf93a1f4f5efb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/87db8d7b7520e99de71791260989f06f9c94953d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0302ffc74123b6a99d7d1896fcd9b2e4072d9ce
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2a15b59a2c5afac89696e44acf5bbfc0599c6c5e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/571d7f2a08836698c2fb0d792236424575b9829b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8192c533e89d9fb69b2490398939236b78cda79b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c03d740152f78e86945a75b2ad541bf972fab92a