Subject: CVE-2024-42267: riscv/mm: Add handling for VM_FAULT_SIGSEGV in mm_fault_error()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

riscv/mm: Add handling for VM_FAULT_SIGSEGV in mm_fault_error()

Handle VM_FAULT_SIGSEGV in the page fault path so that we correctly
kill the process and we don't BUG() the kernel.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42267 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 07037db5d479 and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit 59be4a167782
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 07037db5d479 and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 20dbdebc5580
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 07037db5d479 and fixed in 6.1.104 with commit d7ccf2ca772b
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 07037db5d479 and fixed in 6.6.45 with commit 917f598209f3
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 07037db5d479 and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit d4e7db757e2d
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit 07037db5d479 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 0c710050c47d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42267
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/riscv/mm/fault.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/59be4a167782d68e21068a761b90b01fadc09146
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/20dbdebc5580cd472a310d56a6e252275ee4c864
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7ccf2ca772bfe33e2c53ef80fa20d2d87eb6144
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/917f598209f3f5e4ab175d5079d8aeb523e58b1f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d4e7db757e2d7f4c407a007e92c98477eab215d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0c710050c47d45eb77b28c271cddefc5c785cb40