Subject: CVE-2024-42225: wifi: mt76: replace skb_put with skb_put_zero

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mt76: replace skb_put with skb_put_zero

Avoid potentially reusing uninitialized data

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42225 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.163 with commit dc7f14d00d0c
	Fixed in 6.1.98 with commit 22ea2a7f0b64
	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit ff6b26be1303
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 64f86337ccfe
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 7f819a2f4fbc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42225
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt76_connac_mcu.c
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7915/mcu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc7f14d00d0c4c21898f3504607f4a31079065a2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22ea2a7f0b64d323625950414a4496520fb33657
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff6b26be13032c5fbd6b6a0b24358f8eaac4f3af
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/64f86337ccfe77fe3be5a9356b0dabde23fbb074
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f819a2f4fbc510e088b49c79addcf1734503578