Subject: CVE-2024-42133: Bluetooth: Ignore too large handle values in BIG

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: Ignore too large handle values in BIG

hci_le_big_sync_established_evt is necessary to filter out cases where the
handle value is belonging to ida id range, otherwise ida will be erroneously
released in hci_conn_cleanup.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42133 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6.2 with commit 84cb0143fb8a and fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 38263088b845
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 181a42edddf5 and fixed in 6.9.9 with commit dad0003ccc68
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 181a42edddf5 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 015d79c96d62
	Issue introduced in 6.5.12 with commit e9f708beada5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42133
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/hci_event.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/38263088b845abeeeb98dda5b87c0de3063b6dbb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dad0003ccc68457baf005a6ed75b4d321463fe3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/015d79c96d62cd8a4a359fcf5be40d58088c936b