Subject: CVE-2024-42124: scsi: qedf: Make qedf_execute_tmf() non-preemptible

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: qedf: Make qedf_execute_tmf() non-preemptible

Stop calling smp_processor_id() from preemptible code in
qedf_execute_tmf90.  This results in BUG_ON() when running an RT kernel.

[ 659.343280] BUG: using smp_processor_id() in preemptible [00000000] code: sg_reset/3646
[ 659.343282] caller is qedf_execute_tmf+0x8b/0x360 [qedf]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42124 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.280 with commit 4f314aadeed8
	Fixed in 5.10.222 with commit 5ceb40cdee72
	Fixed in 5.15.163 with commit 0a8a91932b27
	Fixed in 6.1.98 with commit fa49c65a1cec
	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit b6ded5316ec5
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 2b9c7787cfcd
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 0d8b637c9c5e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42124
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/qedf/qedf_io.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4f314aadeed8cdf42c8cf30769425b5e44702748
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5ceb40cdee721e13cbe15a0515cacf984e11236b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0a8a91932b2772e75bf3f6d133ca4225d1d3e920
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa49c65a1cec6a3901ef884fdb24d98068b63493
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b6ded5316ec56e973dcf5f9997945aad01a9f062
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2b9c7787cfcd1e76d873a78f16cf45bfa4b100ea
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0d8b637c9c5eeaa1a4e3dfb336f3ff918eb64fec