Subject: CVE-2024-42122: drm/amd/display: Add NULL pointer check for kzalloc

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Add NULL pointer check for kzalloc

[Why & How]
Check return pointer of kzalloc before using it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42122 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 062edd612fcd
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 8e65a1b7118a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42122
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/clk_mgr/dcn30/dcn30_clk_mgr.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/clk_mgr/dcn32/dcn32_clk_mgr.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn30/dcn30_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn31/dcn31_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn314/dcn314_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn315/dcn315_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn316/dcn316_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn32/dcn32_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn321/dcn321_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn35/dcn35_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn351/dcn351_resource.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/062edd612fcd300f0f79a36fca5b8b6a5e2fce70
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e65a1b7118acf6af96449e1e66b7adbc9396912