Subject: CVE-2024-42099: s390/dasd: Fix invalid dereferencing of indirect CCW data pointer

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

s390/dasd: Fix invalid dereferencing of indirect CCW data pointer

Fix invalid dereferencing of indirect CCW data pointer in
dasd_eckd_dump_sense() that leads to a kernel panic in error cases.

When using indirect addressing for DASD CCWs (IDAW) the CCW CDA pointer
does not contain the data address itself but a pointer to the IDAL.
This needs to be translated from physical to virtual as well before
using it.

This dereferencing is also used for dasd_page_cache and also fixed
although it is very unlikely that this code path ever gets used.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42099 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit c0bd39601c13 and fixed in 6.9.9 with commit c116475f7d64
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit c0bd39601c13 and fixed in 6.10 with commit b3a58f3b90f5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42099
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/s390/block/dasd_eckd.c
	drivers/s390/block/dasd_fba.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c116475f7d6410b1e6d399207ac75de6cf9c3652
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b3a58f3b90f564f42a5c35778d8c5107b2c2150b