Subject: CVE-2024-41022: drm/amdgpu: Fix signedness bug in sdma_v4_0_process_trap_irq()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: Fix signedness bug in sdma_v4_0_process_trap_irq()

The "instance" variable needs to be signed for the error handling to work.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41022 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4.278 with commit 5594971e0276 and fixed in 5.4.281 with commit 3dd9734878a9
	Issue introduced in 5.10.219 with commit 8112fa72b7f1 and fixed in 5.10.223 with commit a5224e2123ce
	Issue introduced in 5.15.161 with commit ea906e9ac61e and fixed in 5.15.164 with commit 544fa213f15d
	Issue introduced in 6.1.94 with commit 011552f29f20 and fixed in 6.1.102 with commit e8dfbf83a82b
	Issue introduced in 6.6.34 with commit 5b0a3dc3e878 and fixed in 6.6.43 with commit 4edb0a84e6b3
	Issue introduced in 6.9.5 with commit 0964c84b93db and fixed in 6.9.12 with commit d347c9a398bf
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 8b2faf1a4f3b and fixed in 6.10.2 with commit 298e2ce222e7
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 8b2faf1a4f3b and fixed in 6.11 with commit 6769a23697f1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41022
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/sdma_v4_0.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3dd9734878a9042f0358301d19a2b006a0fc4d06
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a5224e2123ce21102f346f518db80f004d5053a7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/544fa213f15d27f0370795845d55eeb3e00080d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8dfbf83a82bbfb9680921719fbe65e535af59ea
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4edb0a84e6b32e75dc9bd6dd085b2c2ff19ec287
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d347c9a398bf7eab9408d207c0a50fb720f9de7d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/298e2ce222e712ffafa47288c5b2fcf33d72fda3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6769a23697f17f9bf9365ca8ed62fe37e361a05a