Subject: CVE-2024-41018: fs/ntfs3: Add a check for attr_names and oatbl

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fs/ntfs3: Add a check for attr_names and oatbl

Added out-of-bound checking for *ane (ATTR_NAME_ENTRY).

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41018 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6.19 with commit e0b64e4ad2eb and fixed in 6.6.43 with commit f3124d51e4e7
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 865e7a7700d9 and fixed in 6.9.12 with commit c114d2b88f8b
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 865e7a7700d9 and fixed in 6.10.2 with commit 9b71f820f716
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 865e7a7700d9 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 702d4930eb06
	Issue introduced in 6.7.7 with commit 653687cca0fd

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41018
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ntfs3/fslog.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f3124d51e4e7b56a732419d8dc270e807252334f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c114d2b88f8b226d4b2acf5a1ba0412cde6c31dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9b71f820f7168f1eab8378c80c7ea8a022a475bc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/702d4930eb06dcfda85a2fa67e8a1a27bfa2a845