Subject: CVE-2024-41017: jfs: don't walk off the end of ealist

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

jfs: don't walk off the end of ealist

Add a check before visiting the members of ea to
make sure each ea stays within the ealist.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41017 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.319 with commit 7f91bd0f2941
	Fixed in 5.4.281 with commit fc16776a82e8
	Fixed in 5.10.223 with commit 6386f1b6a10e
	Fixed in 5.15.164 with commit 7e21574195a4
	Fixed in 6.1.102 with commit 4e034f7e563a
	Fixed in 6.6.43 with commit 17440dbc66ab
	Fixed in 6.9.12 with commit f4435f476b9b
	Fixed in 6.10.2 with commit dbde7bc91093
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit d0fa70aca54c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41017
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/jfs/xattr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f91bd0f2941fa36449ce1a15faaa64f840d9746
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fc16776a82e8df97b6c4f9a10ba95aa44cef7ba5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6386f1b6a10e5d1ddd03db4ff6dfc55d488852ce
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e21574195a45fc193555fa40e99fed16565ff7e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4e034f7e563ab723b93a59980e4a1bb33198ece8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/17440dbc66ab98b410514b04987f61deedb86751
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f4435f476b9bf059cd9e26a69f5b29c768d00375
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dbde7bc91093fa9c2410e418b236b70fde044b73
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0fa70aca54c8643248e89061da23752506ec0d4