Subject: CVE-2024-40982: ssb: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference in ssb_device_uevent()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ssb: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference in ssb_device_uevent()

The ssb_device_uevent() function first attempts to convert the 'dev' pointer
to 'struct ssb_device *'. However, it mistakenly dereferences 'dev' before
performing the NULL check, potentially leading to a NULL pointer
dereference if 'dev' is NULL.

To fix this issue, move the NULL check before dereferencing the 'dev' pointer,
ensuring that the pointer is valid before attempting to use it.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40982 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.36 with commit c5dc2d8eb398
	Fixed in 6.9.7 with commit 7d43c8377c6f
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 789c17185fb0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40982
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/ssb/main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c5dc2d8eb3981bae261ea7d1060a80868e886813
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d43c8377c6fc846b1812f8df360425c9323dc56
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/789c17185fb0f39560496c2beab9b57ce1d0cbe7