Subject: CVE-2024-40977: wifi: mt76: mt7921s: fix potential hung tasks during chip recovery

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mt76: mt7921s: fix potential hung tasks during chip recovery

During chip recovery (e.g. chip reset), there is a possible situation that
kernel worker reset_work is holding the lock and waiting for kernel thread
stat_worker to be parked, while stat_worker is waiting for the release of
the same lock.
It causes a deadlock resulting in the dumping of hung tasks messages and
possible rebooting of the device.

This patch prevents the execution of stat_worker during the chip recovery.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40977 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.96 with commit 0b81faa05b0b
	Fixed in 6.6.36 with commit 85edd783f453
	Fixed in 6.9.7 with commit e974dd4c22a2
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit ecf0b2b8a37c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40977
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7921/mac.c
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7921/pci_mac.c
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7921/sdio_mac.c
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/sdio.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0b81faa05b0b9feb3ae2d69be1d21f0d126ecb08
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/85edd783f4539a994d66c4c014d5858f490b7a02
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e974dd4c22a23ec3ce579fb6d31a674ac0435da9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ecf0b2b8a37c8464186620bef37812a117ff6366