Subject: CVE-2024-40968: MIPS: Octeon: Add PCIe link status check

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

MIPS: Octeon: Add PCIe link status check

The standard PCIe configuration read-write interface is used to
access the configuration space of the peripheral PCIe devices
of the mips processor after the PCIe link surprise down, it can
generate kernel panic caused by "Data bus error". So it is
necessary to add PCIe link status check for system protection.
When the PCIe link is down or in training, assigning a value
of 0 to the configuration address can prevent read-write behavior
to the configuration space of peripheral PCIe devices, thereby
preventing kernel panic.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40968 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.317 with commit 6bff05aaa32c
	Fixed in 5.4.279 with commit 64845ac64819
	Fixed in 5.10.221 with commit 6c1b9fe148a4
	Fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 25998f561315
	Fixed in 6.1.96 with commit d996deb80398
	Fixed in 6.6.36 with commit 1c33fd17383f
	Fixed in 6.9.7 with commit 38d647d50954
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 29b83a64df3b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40968
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/mips/pci/pcie-octeon.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6bff05aaa32c2f7e1f6e68e890876642159db419
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/64845ac64819683ad5e51b668b2ed56ee3386aee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6c1b9fe148a4e03bbfa234267ebb89f35285814a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/25998f5613159fe35920dbd484fcac7ea3ad0799
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d996deb80398a90dd3c03590e68dad543da87d62
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1c33fd17383f48f679186c54df78542106deeaa0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/38d647d509543e9434b3cc470b914348be271fe9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/29b83a64df3b42c88c0338696feb6fdcd7f1f3b7