Subject: CVE-2024-39485: media: v4l: async: Properly re-initialise notifier entry in unregister

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: v4l: async: Properly re-initialise notifier entry in unregister

The notifier_entry of a notifier is not re-initialised after unregistering
the notifier. This leads to dangling pointers being left there so use
list_del_init() to return the notifier_entry an empty list.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39485 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b8ec754ae4c5 and fixed in 6.6.34 with commit 87100b092462
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b8ec754ae4c5 and fixed in 6.9.5 with commit 1aa6cd4adfc0
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b8ec754ae4c5 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 9537a8425a7a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39485
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-async.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/87100b09246202a91fce4a1562955c32229173bb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1aa6cd4adfc0380fa1ccc2f146848940ff882a66
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9537a8425a7a0222999d5839a0b394b1e8834b4a