Subject: CVE-2024-39471: drm/amdgpu: add error handle to avoid out-of-bounds

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: add error handle to avoid out-of-bounds

if the sdma_v4_0_irq_id_to_seq return -EINVAL, the process should
be stop to avoid out-of-bounds read, so directly return -EINVAL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39471 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.278 with commit 5594971e0276
	Fixed in 5.10.219 with commit 8112fa72b7f1
	Fixed in 5.15.161 with commit ea906e9ac61e
	Fixed in 6.1.94 with commit 011552f29f20
	Fixed in 6.6.34 with commit 5b0a3dc3e878
	Fixed in 6.9.5 with commit 0964c84b93db
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 8b2faf1a4f3b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39471
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/sdma_v4_0.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5594971e02764aa1c8210ffb838cb4e7897716e8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8112fa72b7f139052843ff484130d6f97e9f052f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ea906e9ac61e3152bef63597f2d9f4a812fc346a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/011552f29f20842c9a7a21bffe1f6a2d6457ba46
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b0a3dc3e87821acb80e841b464d335aff242691
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0964c84b93db7fbf74f357c1e20957850e092db3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8b2faf1a4f3b6c748c0da36cda865a226534d520