Subject: CVE-2024-39465: media: mgb4: Fix double debugfs remove

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: mgb4: Fix double debugfs remove

Fixes an error where debugfs_remove_recursive() is called first on a parent
directory and then again on a child which causes a kernel panic.

[hverkuil: added Fixes/Cc tags]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39465 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 0ab13674a9bd and fixed in 6.9.5 with commit 252204b634ef
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 0ab13674a9bd and fixed in 6.10 with commit 825fc4949795

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39465
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/pci/mgb4/mgb4_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/252204b634efffd8b167d77413c93d0192aaf5f6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/825fc49497957310e421454fe3fb8b8d8d8e2dd2