Subject: CVE-2024-39464: media: v4l: async: Fix notifier list entry init

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: v4l: async: Fix notifier list entry init

struct v4l2_async_notifier has several list_head members, but only
waiting_list and done_list are initialized. notifier_entry was kept
'zeroed' leading to an uninitialized list_head.
This results in a NULL-pointer dereference if csi2_async_register() fails,
e.g. node for remote endpoint is disabled, and returns -ENOTCONN.
The following calls to v4l2_async_nf_unregister() results in a NULL
pointer dereference.
Add the missing list head initializer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39464 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b8ec754ae4c5 and fixed in 6.6.34 with commit a80d1da923f6
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b8ec754ae4c5 and fixed in 6.9.5 with commit 44f6d619c30f
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b8ec754ae4c5 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 6d8acd02c4c6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39464
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-async.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a80d1da923f671c1e6a14e8417cd2f117b27a442
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/44f6d619c30f0c65fcdd2b6eba70fdb4460d87ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6d8acd02c4c6a8f917eefac1de2e035521ca119d