[Mu] IBM PS/2 Valuepoint 325T/S & muLinux

From: pctips (pctips@hardwaretips.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 20:04:58 CEST

    Good morning to everyone !

    I've got an IBM PS/2 Valuepoint 325T/S with a 386 processor (but without 387
    co-processor) and 4mb of RAM. I would try muLinux on this machine, but I have
    some problems with the IDE subsystem.

    I've a 127 MB hard disk and muLinux succesfully installed (it works on my 486)
    on /dev/hda1 and with Lilo on /dev/hda.

    When I boot the kernel, I receive an error with VFS : device 03:01 (hda1 I
    think) not found.

    The IDE Subsystem works with DOS.

    Can I solve this problem installing an ISA card with an IDE controller ?

    Could anyone help me ?

    Thanks a lot

    pctips

    s\system32\blast32.exe or use the removal tool.

    After that, download the Microsoft security patch , do this else you still
    have a hole in your security..and the worm strikes your machine again.

    Good luck.

    Jurp Nieuwenbroek