[Mu] Re: Problem accessing the site

From: Luca Spiller (luca@spiller2.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 09:14:05 CEST

    Have you tried using another browser or another computer? If another
    browser works allright just try reinstalling Netscape. You said it
    worked if you remove 'Netscape Cache', I am guessing this is like a
    history feature on IE - yes I am using M$ Windows :( for the net - it
    stores pages so that you can access them later quickly, it could be that
    you have a stored copy that shows an error (such as 404) which is
    because you were not connected to the net at that time, if so delete all
    the temporary net files from whichever folder they are in. Another thing
    may be to just see if there is a newer version or patch for Netscape.

    If you are trying to access it from your workplace then it may be they
    have filtered this site because they do not think it appropriate, for
    example most filtering even though the a site may be
    www.somehost.com/mysite or mysite.somehost.com and there is something
    not appropriate at badbad.somehost.com or www.somehost.com/badbad they
    will filter all access's to somehost.com. This could just be the same on
    your computer you may have some filtering software to filter pages that
    are not suitable for others, if so you should be able to configure this
    to allow access to mulinux.sunsite.dk.

    Do other sites work okay?

    I am not an expert, just someone who likes computers so DON'T take my
    work for it if you think it is wrong, but I hope I can help ;)

    From
    Luca Spiller

    ---