Re: Some Addons...

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@kde.org)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 08:13:55 CET

On Monday 05 November 2001 22:58, you wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:54:29PM +0100, Jochen nicely wrote:

> > So the following Addon's can be downloaded the next time (when the
> > pages are back ;( )

> Acc! an enourmous amount of work. My heart bleeds, seeing that you
> need to distribute also a such ADDON.fun file, together the rest;
> in summing up, seeing how weak is the actual muLinux structure :-(

> The structure was for a single floppy; I forced the structure in
> order to accept some add-on. Now, the time shows how the design
> is being obsolete.

Ciao Michele,

does this "being obsolete" indicate you are going to reorganize muLinux?

If so please try to do it in a way that the _1_ floppy solution will
still be working!

IMO one of the biggest PRO's of muLinux is it's Janus-like nature: being
a nice little Mini Distro extentable by lots of addons it is _still_ also
a Single Floppy Distro and usefull as an admin's tool - _without_ needing
all the addons!

So any way to better support the addons that would break the basic 1-disk
architecture would be no good (at least in my 'humble' opinion ;)).

Greetings,
Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>