Re: floppy/cd

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 22:10:48 CET

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:58:36PM -0500, Tim Smith nicely wrote:

> That was a good question, if I understood:
>
> Is there a mu ISO/1.44 floppy combo that will boot and mount the cd as a
> "live" filesystem, like Slackware, Suse, DemoLinux, BBC, etc.? If not,
> that would be great, likely to work way better than those.

The muLinux home page is one of the worse in the Internet, where important
things are rendered in small size, or with bad colors, and inexentials stuff
is rendered with hiperbolic evidence. Sorry; the site incresead randomnly
and it is hard, for me, to design a new site, only to fill it with bad english.

But in the heading I laconically wrote: it is possible "to clone" on
the CD-ROM.
This feature is working since a couple of years, I do not remember exactly.

Using the script "clone" (being in a running muLinux), you can obtain a perfect
muLinux running from the CD.
If the cd-writer is unsupported in Linux, you can trasport the file
master.iso on Windows and use commercial software in order to achieve
the result.

If, in the future, I will gain some time, I will try to produce a new
site with more structured, more readable HTMLm with a menu on the left-side,
et cetera

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous