Re: 486 - 4 MB

From: Philippe Corbes (philippe.corbes@laposte.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 08:22:11 CEST

Hakapeszi Maki a écrit:

> Hi!
>
> I've installed MuLINUX 12.0 on the HDD of a laptop with a 486 and 4 MB RAM (Compaq Contura 4/25). It works well, but of course it is very slow. I tried to help it with using just 3 consoles, bigger (32 MB) swap and minimal addons (X11 and TEX, which I need), but it couldn't help much. Do anybody have more ideas?
> My other problem is, that at booting I have to wait long minutes for setup. Of course I have to see a lot of Setting up ...: unwanted /skiped. What can I do, if I want MuLinux not to look for these components at booting? (I know that the most of them I will need never on that machine.)
>
> Thank You for Your help!
>
> --
> Hakapeszi
> Jobb a sörhas, mint a pizzahát!

Hello,

About your second problem, Yes, you can remove some unwanted names from 'addons' file and from 'custom' file. But remember two days ago, I posted a mail about this.
I made a mistake. I wanted to post it to Michele Andrioli.
I modified setup to speed-up startup. When your config is stable, you can fix your boot and we boot after only "wanted modules".

Read this mail and have fun..
Philippe Corbes.