Re: fractured french

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 16:11:56 CEST

> >Good news. But you will have some problem with accents, etc.
>
> >Michele
>
> How about these ASCII codes (in hex):
> 82 é
> 85 à
> 8A è
> 8D ì
> A0 á
> A1 í
> A2 ó
> A3 ú
> --

Hi,
In fact, I don't really know how all that works. I assumed that when I hit é on
my keybord, it produced a eacute (in html syntax). However with some console
type, (for example the one I am using now), I see something else, like a
greak theta. I know that is because my console is badly setup, but I prefer the
font...
I think this is a problem because it is 8 bit ascii and not 7 bit, which is
truly everything independant. And I also think that my ascii is ISO something
which goes on with the latin1 keyboard.
But is it a problem with the text I type for muLinux ? Do I have to use another
kind of "encoding", for example e' e^ or a` in place of é ê à ?

Pat