SETUP - Modem

From: Zocon (zoconm@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 06:36:12 CEST

hi all

<myproblem>
I am not able to setup my Cardinal MVP144XF 14.4 Kbps DATA/FAX External modem in muLinux-11r9
</myproblem>

<observation>
pppd
    TR led of modem is on (Data terminal Ready), but the modem is not dailin.
ppp-off
     Modem disconnected

ppp-on
Turn on you modem and press RETURN <modem already on>
Startin pppd
Please, wait ......................... <it goes on till i kill it>

the modem din't respond to any comands given using miterm also

I tried changing serial speed (reducing), and initial string but it didn't help. This modem in not winmodem
and is based on Rockwel RPI . But the current modem setup worked fine for the Dlink 56Kbps modem.
</observation>

Can anyone please let me know how to make Cardinal 14.4 DATA/FAX External modem work with muLinux-11r9 or will it not work ?

regards and best wishes
zocon