Re: need help on vi

From: Alfred Breull (puma@hannover.sgh-net.de)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 10:00:33 CEST

Sorry for the delay. My previous mail returned with the comment
<<< 550 Cannot route to <mulinux@sunsite.dk>
550 <mulinux@sunsite.dk>... User unknown

Anyway. Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me:

The German umlauts show as keys of the us keyboard (ä=], ö=[, ü=@,
ß=\). However, 'y', '-' etc are shown correctly in vi (= according
to the German keyboard and 'de.map').

Additionally, 'vi file' and 'cat file' show the same special characters
(according to the US keyboard) on the screen.

Also, I've been looking at the German vi tutorial linked from sunsite.dk.
However, this subject isn't mentioned there either.

Maybe, aynone else uses mulinux console and has another idea ?
-Alf