Re: Mu X and Notebook

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 12:56:33 CET

> At 13:24 01/02/01 +0100, Diedrich Rotert wrote:
> >Hi Michael,
> >
> > >has anyone ever ran mulinux with x on a notebook ?? It
> > >seems x destroyed the controler of my 486 notebook ??
> >
> >Yes, I did, and it worked for me. I used a 486 notebook
> >with 33 MHz processor and 8 MB RAM. Rather slow, but worked.
>
> I do it also. My notebook is a 486DX2-66 w/ 12MB and X run at a reasonablre
> speed. When I run a large program, though, it takes a bit of time to load
> it... I guess because of swapping, but I can work very comfortably with
> it... I like to play Hexplode and, making its move the box takes quite some
> time... it seems that thinking which its next move should be is quite
> resource consuming :)

I also think that most of the TCL apps in mu are slow because thay
are srcipts, not real binaries, wich is quite intresting ;) [I like to
know what that little program is really doing...]
Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the Windows. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be removed from our own. stability is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430