Re: Iomega ZIP support?

From: Giovanni Angoli (juzam@masse.net)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 15:28:21 CET

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 02:45:00PM +0100, Dumas Patrice wrote:
> Angel Martín Alganza a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does muLinux support the Iomega ZIP drive through paralell port?
> > If so, how can I configure it? I haven't seen any reference in the docs.
>
> Someone o nthe list could correct me if I'm wrong. I Have not checked, but
> following the documentation, the iomega zip 100 should work with simply
> insmod parport
> (if not allready loaded)
> insmod ppa

you can do simply a setup -f scsi answering ppa as your scsi driver ppa.o
is among with others on SRV addon

> then issue dmesg to see what partition can be mounted, or maybe you can see
> it on the console. Maybe lp has to be unloaded with
> rmmod lp

the usual device for a zip drive (parallel) is /dev/sda4 i have always used
that..

> the new iomega zip won't work, as there is no imm.o module for 2.0.x.

Entirely true :(

Hope this helps!
bye!
Giovanni

--
Giovanni Angoli--------------L.U.G. Crema--PGP Key avaliable
"Who watches the watchmen?"     -  Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347