Re: mu TECH: mu v11.5 boot disk setup bugs

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 14:58:44 CET

In a message dated 1/18/01 7:09:10 AM Central Standard Time,
m.andreoli@tin.it writes:

> > I replied 'n' to everything. (Which a timid user might also do.)
> > It worked well until...
> >
> > Setup the /usr partition? "n".
> >
> > Error creating the TMP ramdisk!
> >
> > (If it matters, my computer has 64megs RAM.)
>
> Without USR you cannot create the TMP ramdisk: any ramdisk requires
> the mkfs.ext2. So, you cannot load any onther addon, without the *first*
> addon USR in memory. Why you answered "n" to /usr?

Timid new user doesn't want her hard disk partitions messed with (brighter
than some new users who say "y" to everything.) Perhaps change the prompt to
"Setup the /usr partition in memory? (Required for ramdisk and addons, very
recommended.)" so that she understands better the consequences of "y".

htom