Re: Whoops...

From: Jochen Cichon (jc@versainter.net)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 09:33:56 CET

> The remotion had been announced on the list. Why removed Chimera?

Whoops.... missed that :/

> Oh, mon dieu: it is so ugly that it damage the world-wide image
> of the Linux software.

:) Sure, but in mu the only way to browse with some grafix.
Sur > I < don't need that but most of my friend (i show them how much they can
do with some disks :) ) said: "Where is NETSCAPE" :(

> I removed Chimera in favor of other fonts and some binary, such
> xvidtune.

OK.

> Be aware: I only removed the *binary*: the old support for this
> browser (i.e. configuration) are always in.

Jo found.

> I removed also w3m, because lynx it is better, in my opinion:
> browsing with the colors of w3m I'm not able to distinguish
> between links, buttons or pull-down menus.

Ah, ok. Never used w3m, much. Only read about, and that it has table support
and some oter nice gimmiks. Sri.

OK. Never mind. I can live without that stuff :)

Ciao Jochen