Re: Kernel 2.0.39 released

From: Michael Gruner (stockraser@yahoo.de)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 08:03:23 CET

hi,

> Someone still is working on the 2.0.* series??
yes, it's David Weinehall, who works still on 2.0.*,
but the 39 may be the last release of this series
(translated from http://www.pro-linux.de )

> Upgrading I will have these problem:
>
> 1) no pcspeaker (it is for 2.0.36 and I'm not sure
> if it works
> with others)
> 2) patches for SoundBlaster module changes
>

> Problem 2) is the bad one, because the binary patch
> work poking in the
> middle on the the binary module, at fixed location.
>
> What are the news in the 2.0.39?
This release fixes a locally exploitable attack (the
ping -s 65468 syndrome), a small bug in ext2, adds
support for larger disks and fixes several minor
problems in various drivers.

Micha