Re: Music with sb64pci? (final statement)

From: Gerrit Lammert (lammert@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 17:07:54 CEST

Hi Michele (and all),

just to bring this to an end and solve any misunderstanding.
Two things brought me to my first mail with this topic:
1. I earlier (1 year or so) played mp3s to the systemspeaker with mulinux.
It sounded awfull, but I was impressed, what this little peep-device can be
forced to do. But in 10r0 when I wanted to try again, all was quiet.
2. The (stupid) idea: With an pci-card you don't need irq/io, might it be
possible to change the sb16-driver/script slightly to work with this card.

Nr. 1: When I removed the "no387" line everything worked fine, so that
"problem" is solved. :-)
Nr.2: I never intended to beg you to build this into muLinux, muLinux should
stay exactly the same: An entire system on one or two disks which can be
easily expanded with extra-disks.

No everything seems to work as it should, mp3 sounds horrible, cd-music
sounds good. :-)

Thanx to you and all those who helped.

...gerrit