Fdisk error

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 19:08:24 CEST

This probably has nothing to do with the mu itself but this is
currently only Linux list where I could think of posting this message.

On my laptop I have this mu 9R5 installation, disk with following
partitions 1 Primary (/dev/hda1 housing dos and thinkpad utilities),
1 Extended (/dev/hda2) in wich are: two ŽLinux-native pratitions
(/dev/hda5 & /dev/hda6) one linix-swap (/dev/hda3)

The proplem is that fdisk reports partitions that are on the extended
partition incorrectly, it says that they are /dev/hda5 & /dev/hda6.
The kernel gives out correct partition information at boot time, my
root is on /dev/hda5 (wich doen't exist acording to fdisk...) and my
/home is on /dev/hda6

So something changes the partition names between the kernel and
fdisk.

Any clues about this stange problem?

BTW I'm still looking for that e2fsck wich runs on mu, I have this
one from an old EXT addon wich doesn't run.

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430