Re: [mu TECH] NEW: Runtime sound driver configuration

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 09:00:32 CEST

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 11:20:15PM +0200, Miguel Angel nicely wrote:
> Hi Michelle!

Michele, with ONE single "l": I'm a male :-)
Pronounce: M-ee-k-ae-l-ae

> Here is my latest patch for mulinux 8r3b
> It is a pair of scripts for configuring the port, irq, and dma's of the sound
> blaster driver at runtime, avoiding the need to recompile the module.

If your patches work really, you are a genius, mon ami.

> And now, a question about the EXT addon.
> I have seen there is a /usr/local/lib directory with several lib files, but it
> seems there is no program in the ext addon which uses them. Are they used by
> any program in another addon? Why are they here then?
>
> Saludos ;-)

You are right. These libs are for zgv ans svncviewer. At the beginning,
this commands was in EXT. In recent muLinux, EXT addon is splitted in
EXT and VNC. VNC, almost empty, contains the XVnc server.

Better thing is now to move these lib in VNC, freeing a lot of disk
space in the important EXT disk. Thanks for this note.

Saludos,
Michele