Re: [video] rgb2yuv

Hi,

Thankyou for replying.

> The core, which is presented on the OpenCores is targeting low power
> applications.

Ok. I am more interested in low gate count rather than low power but they
come hand in hand.

> If you have a custom library, without DW components,
> or fast FPGA macroblocks and you are looking for unified module for
> FPGA prototyping and further silicon implementation, the RGB2YUV is a
> core to go.

I have DesignWare components in my library.

I guess the time taken to make a simple fixed coefficient multiplier
version (using DW multipliers) is much less than the time needed to create
a customised RGB2YUV (with reworked CSA trees).

I will do a trial synthesis and see by how much bigger is the inferred
fixed coefficient multiplier version is compared to RGBTOYUV.

Cheers

Alex Holland