[pci] Re: Re: pci system architecture

Hi Alberto,

sorry that i answer you so late. you asked whether i scanned the pci-book in der computer or whether i made a hardcopy. and i made a hardcopy of the book, because it was fasten than scanning the hole 500 pages. but in the internet you find the toc of this book. and when you think this might be interesting, i will scann a few pages and send it to you.

the question about 3.3V or 5V is still ongoing, but i have made my decision. we will create a 3.3V board. i have asked some hardware engineers and all said that actual motherboards support 3.3V and are 5V tolerant.

some posts in the forum asked for layout hints and routing the bga456. i think we will need more layers if we use the bga456 package. so i will use the pqfp208. it has 140 IO's and i think this is enough. what do you think?
for layout i will use expiditon pcb from mentor. i have heared that the autorouter is better than specctra. at the moment i learn to handle this tool.

what are you doing the hole day? are you studying or have you started your diploma?

greetings,
haiko