Re: [pci] CompactPCI interface?

hello,

my name is josé lópez, and i work as hardware engineer in Spain.

Firstly, I think you will need to know what kind of PCI do you want : Master PCI or Slave PCI or a brigde.

I suppose you will need to develope a Slave PCI if your DSP acts as a Master. If you are not experienced with FPGA programming you could download a free PCI core from www.opencore.org, (i think is a master pci). An other choice is to pay for a core from Altera but your board will be more expensive.

From my point of view, best choice is to design your own Slave PCI. Is a bit hard to start up this king of designs but I encourage you to try it. You  will control the PCI as you want and you'll avoid unexpected problems from others. If you need help tell me it.

regards,

josé lópez

maxjosel@yahoo.es

  abraxas1@yahoo.com escribió:

i've got to buld a DSP board with a cPCI interface to a cPCI Sparc
computer.

what's the best way to go about this? i'm no genius at FPGA
programming, i don't want to invent much here... can i just buy a core
from altera or xilinx and plop it in there and have that talk to the DSP?

of course i need fast data transfer, but not much else too sophisticated.

thanks much,
this is a fun project i just jumped on, but i need some help...

michael
abraxas1@yahoo.com
san jose, ca