Re: [pci] PCI target

MikeJ wrote:

> Tadej & people,
>
> Still alive !
>

> Sorry things have been quiet this month - I've been away longer than
> expected and have just got home.
>
> I have built a (prototype & simple - dummy backend i/f) virtex 300e-5
> pci target which meets my draft 33mhz timespecs.
>
> However for faster speeds I strongly suspect I am going to have to use
> virtex specific cells which would have to be rloc'd.
>
> What are the general feelings about introducing vendor specific versions ?

I just want to make sure that you are aware of the "PCILOGIC" special
block that is on the virtex/spartan II devices. It is designed for the
IRDY/TRDY signal handshaking, to allow you to meet the stringent timing
requirements, especially when you get to doing a bus master.

I personally think that making a completely generic VHDL design for
FPGAs is going to be extremely difficult.

Duane