Re: [openrisc] New SDK for OpenRISC 1000

Hi Marko,

Our goal is to develop a complete SDK with a hardware core, in the GPL
and GNU environment. We want to use this core and this tools to demonstrate
in a FPGA board the power of GNU effort and to get a high quality
development.

I started (re)porting gcc because I wasn't able to compile my ecos port
due to gcc errors. After analyzing your port of version 2.95.3 I
decided to start over based on two main reasons: (1) you weren't by that
time maintaining gcc-2.95.3 anymore, and (2) I thought it would be
better to completely rewrite the port, and that way the code could be
cleaned out, removing unnecessary parts and making it easier to
understand.So the port is completely rewritten from scratch (both .md
and macro files), but there are several pieces that work the same way as
the one downloadable from your CVS. There are however some significant
chages, mainly in function prologue and calling conventions. I think it
follows the architecture manual strictly now, but that means it's no
longer compatible with your GDB. I've already done most of the work on a
new GDB, version 5.3 and following new "multi-architecture framework".
It's already usable, and I'm going to make it downloadable from
the web page in a few days. I can provido you a development version if you want.

I think merging both versions is important for the OpenRISC project, as
having two different versions isn't good for people wanting to use the core.

Best regards,

	Carlos Sánchez de La Lama <csanchez@teisa.unican.es>

Esta parte del mensaje esta firmada digitalmente