Re: [bender] Re: [openrisc] Important or1k question...

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Chris Ziomkowski wrote:

> And, as long as we're on the subject (I can already guess why
> Damjan doesn't want to do this...but it is REALLY annoying) Can
> we either A) add an offset addressing mode to the lvf.[s/l][d/w]
> instruction, or B) make this instruction do an auto increment of
> the address register so that sequential loads/stores will go into
> sequential locations?
>
> I can't just add 8 to a floating point register to increment the
> address now can I?
>
> Alternatively, can we simply use an integer register for the address
> so that all of these problems just go away?
>
> Comments?

Maybe completely get rid of lvf.[sl][dw] ?
It only adds a single instruction per load/store (mtspr/mfspr).
It also wastes a gpr used as intermediate, but saves an fpr used as
address.

If those instructions stay, I think that using gprs as address makes
most sense.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org