Re: OPENPPC>: Re: [openppc] Future of openppc.org and openppc.comdomains

At 8:15 PM -0100 8/29/02,
Russell.-.Unknown1.-.Idaho.USA.walruswebtech@myrealbox.com wrote:
>WOW, that's a pretty quiet list if no one responds to a post like that....

No kidding! Actually, one person responded, but talks just sort of
petered out. I *am* also talking with IBM: I think it's appropriate
that they take over the domain, if no-one else steps up to the plate
with a strong proposal.

>Is there any new news of availability of the open PPC ATX motherboard that
>sparked a flurry of activity on this list (like one message a day!)

It was more than that for a while!

Anyway, I wouldn't consider the big players to be completely out of
the picture re: an open PPC-based ATX-form board. The fat lady hasn't
sung yet. :)

--

         Tom Geller  *  San Francisco * tom@tgeller.com
Domains: tgeller.com, bandwidthpr.com, openppc.org, spamcon.org